Neonatal and Paediatric Pharmacists Group
Mohammed Abou Daya MPharm MRPharmS PgDip IPresc
Mohammed is a paediatric critical care pharmacist who graduated from the School of Pharmacy, University College London in 2012. He has worked across several large teaching hospitals including Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust and is currently at Barts Health NHS Trust. Mohammed was previously involved in the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) as a steering committee member, advocating the progression of the profession. He joined the NPPG organising team in 2021 as chair of the Paediatric Critical Care subgroup.
Additional named roles within the SIG
- Carol Ann Jones
- Andrew Wignell
- Sylvia George
- Jane Hutchinson-Jones
Terms of reference
The NPPG was formed in 1994, with an aim to improve the care of neonates, infants and children by advancing the personal development of pharmacists and provision of quality pharmacy services in relation to practice, research and audit, education and training, communication and advice. The NPPG PCC sub-group primarily focuses on pharmacists working within paediatric critical care. The aim of the subgroup is to be representative of PCCU pharmacists across the nation.
1) To support, promote and advise on delivery of best pharmaceutical care to PCC patients.
2) To maintain a network and provide a platform for paediatric critical care pharmacy staff to enhance management of children’s medicines.
3) To represent and champion PCC pharmacy within the NPPG.
4) To develop and maintain a link with PCCS and encourage pharmacist PCCS membership
5) To develop educational resources and signpost to resources developed by other providers.
6) To assist NPPG committee responses to national consultations.
7) To encourage pharmaceutical research in the area of PCC.
Recent achievements include:
- Development of a protocol/stepwise approach for a pharmaceutical review on PCC
- Drive to encourage the use of standard infusion concentrations.
- Carrying out regular PCC subgroup meetings, at least three times a year.
- Chloral position statement
- Updating PCC pharmacy staffing standards
- National framework for standard infusion concentrations
- Establishing effective and enhanced communication methods between PCC pharmacists
All meetings and meeting minutes will be posted online on the NPPG PCC subgroup website (click here).
- Neonatal and Paediatric Pharmacist group (NPPG)
- NPPG PCC subgroup
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS)
- PCC pharmacy training pack
- NPPG PCC pharmacy staffing standards
How to join
Please contact Mohammed Abou Daya (email@example.com) if interested in becoming a member of this SIG