PCCS Science and Education Committee
Welcome to the PCCS Science and Education committee page
Who are we?
The PCCS Science Education committee comprises elected PCCS members from medical and nursing backgrounds. The current committee members are:
- Akash Deep (Chair)
- Ajay Desai (Co-Chair)
- Peter Donnelly
- Hiren Mehta
- Lyvonne Tume
- Matthew Norridge
What do we do?
- Our main role is to administer the scientific content of the free papers for the annual PCCS Scientific meeting, and the PCCS subgroup meeting of the RCPCH annual scientific meeting.
- This involves adjudication and selection of submitted abstracts for the conferences.
- We also facilitate adjudication and awards of prizes at the PCCS annual meeting for best presentations.
- We also assist in deciding various scientific programme endorsements from PCCS
- We collaborate with other RCPCH subgroups for the annual RCPCH meeting; in recent years we have themed this collaboration to focus on end of life care and ethics in PICU.
- We also facilitate peer review and adjudication on the annual PCCS awards for travel and research / education.
- These awards are presented at the PCCS annual meeting. More information is available on the PCCS awards page.
- In collaboration with the PCCS trainees section we aim to facilitate access to educational resources for PIC professionals.